Mid-term project :
You are a Graphic Designer working for a non-profit organization. The president of the organization has asked for you to create a design identity for the event: PreFlight (A student portfolio review). This design will be used for posters, email, website graphics, and social media.
1. Read over the following email information provided by
the American Advertising Federation President :
To: Spokane Area Design Students
PreFlight, AAF Spokane's annual student portfolio review, is quickly approaching and we need you to help us spread the word!
We're looking for the best & most creative design for our PreFlight email communications, posters, website and Facebook page. Just submit your stellar design following the instructions below and the AAF Spokane Board of advertising professionals will vote for their favorite.
What the winner gets:
• Winning design will be used in all communications regarding PreFlight 2019.
• Free Admission to PreFlight!
• Your chance to pick the brains of the best creatives in the area, at no charge.
What we need from you:
Your best creative!
The creative direction is completely up to you. There is no theme you must follow. However, you must incorporate "PreFlight 2019" and "April 20th" into your designs, and use the AAF Spokane logo in the poster.
Submit 1 PDF (low resolution / smallest file size)
containing all three images built at the specs below:
- Poster design : 11"x17" (300dpi)
- Facebook event cover photo : 1200w x 628h (72ppi)
- Website Banner : 675w x100h (72ppi)
Name your PDF based on the following format:
PF19_ first initial last name.pdf
example for Jane Doe: PF19_jdoe.pdf
Email your PDF by Monday, March 4th to email@example.com
with the subject: PreFlight 2019 Contest Submission
Winner will be notified March 22nd.
Thank you for helping us promote PreFlight 2019!
AAF Spokane President
2. Incorporate the following essential copy:
What: PreFlight 2019 : Student Portfolio Review
Where: Global Credit Union
When: April 20th
Logo: AAF Horizontal Logo | AAF Stacked Logo
3. After the critique, make the necessary changes. Revisions are due the beginning of the next class.
4. When the design is complete...
Place all three images outlined above on the server space provided for review in class.