Now interviewing applicants for Fall 2020.
The SFCC Graphic Design program will be holding interviews on the following dates...
December 12 & 13, 2019
March 25 & 26, 2020
June 19 & 22, 2020
Note: If you are applying for financial aid it is important to interview early.
All prospective students to the Graphic Design Program need to follow and complete the steps listed below. It is essential that you maintain an active email account so that we may provide all information needed in a timely manner.
To be admitted to the program, all applicants must complete the following:
1. College Application
- Complete an online application.
- For general information about admissions, contact the Admissions Office at 509-533-4356
- Determine your placement in English and Math. Visit the Assessment Testing website to schedule an appointment or call 509-533-3401.
2. Set up at time for an interview
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview.
- Include your name, student ID, and telephone number
- You will be notified by email of your interview date and time. It is essential you maintain an ACTIVE EMAIL ACCOUNT. If for any reason you do not receive interview information within a week of contacting us, please follow up by telephone (509-533-3710). It is important to us that you are not overlooked.
- Your interview will be 20 minutes in length. Plan to arrive 10 minutes early. Applicants must be on time to be considered for admission.
3. Written Essay
- In a one page essay (typed), answer the following questions:
– Why do you want to get into the field of Graphic Design?
– The program is set up as if you are a Graphic Designer working for an agency. It is project driven and you are required to meet deadlines. What are your thoughts about this?
– What are your future goals?
Submit the essay via email to email@example.com.
4. Show three to five examples of work you have produced
During the interview…
To help us determine if the program is the right fit for you, we would like to see some creative or artistic work. We understand that you may be coming from a different career track and may not have design work to show, however do not let this discourage you. Your life experience counts and is factored in. Some types of work we would like to see are: year book, invites, logos, web pages, posters, photography, paintings, drawings, craft projects, video, or music.
In review, here are the steps in order:
1. Complete your college application.
2. Schedule your interview.
3. Write and submit your essay via email.
4. Show up at the time of the interview.
5. During the interview… provide three to five examples of work you have produced.
Thank you for your interest in Graphic Design Program at Spokane Falls. We look forward to meeting you.
Waiting for an interview or FALL quarter to start?
Here is a list of courses you can take out of sequence.
For program information, contact faculty member:
Greg Stiles firstname.lastname@example.org